Civil service exame and new updates for Ardra (the RTS mini-game on Unity) - September 30, 2026
Hello everyone. It's me Antony, back with a new blog in 2026. We are now on September 29 - past the half of 2026.
I recently learned of a new civil service exam that is currently accepting applications. I plan to apply for the clerk vacancy. That means I'm going to lay low with my usual routine (Blender, fanfics, Unity, drawings and other things). The exam is scheduled on December 6th. Let's hope for some outstanding results after the exam, since the idea is to move on.
Personally, I don't have anything against the current job (public community health agent), but, there were some things that happened and drove me a bit down. That's why I want to move on or to take a break from it. My vacations are scheduled on January 2027 (previously scheduled on November. Yet, it's another long story).
Also, there's another one that is still in debate for authorizing the exam applications, which is the Social Security Technician and the Social Security Analysts for the INSS. These two are promising, even though I intend to apply for the Technician one. Until then, I'll have to resume my studies.
For this Blog, I'm going to talk about the RTS mini-game that I've been working a long time ago and share you new images and video. I made some major updates for the RTS mini-game, highlighting the combat system and the basics for the IA.
Let me show you what I did.
As you can see, I made some changes to the building system. Instead of placing a structure to a specific area on the map and it grows up by all axis, the structure will grow by its Y-axis. So far, it's looking.
Initially, I faced some setbacks when I was working on the basic AI system for the adversary. One of these was the buildings being placed at the coordinates X: 0.0 and Z: 0.0; and rotation X: 90.0 and Y: 360.0. I struggled to fix it until I finally made it.
Another changes were:
* When I order a worker to build a structure and then I give another one - cancelling the previous one - of building a structure to recover the resources spent.
* Making the storage buildings to stop receiving resources during construction until it's finished; and
* Fixing some bugs related to the resources that structure is set to receive.
While I was working on the AI, I added some icons and numbers for the Damage and Armor as an interlude for the Combat System. The idea was inspired in WarCraft 3: Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne in order to prepare what type of damage that unit will inflict upon the adversary (Melee, Ranged, Siege, Magical or Heroic) and what type of armor that unit will deal in combat (Unarmored, Light, Medium, Heavy, Heroic or Fortified).
| Fortified = Structures. Greatly reduces damage from Magic and Melee attacks. Ideal for structures. |
| Heavy = Melee units. Takes reduced damage from physical attacks (Melee and Ranged), but is vulnerable to Magic damage. |
| Heroic = Heroic units. Takes reduced damage from physical and magical attacks. |
| Light = Agile units. Light protection. Takes full damage from Ranged and Melee attacks. |
| Medium = Ranged and light armored units. Standard armor protection. |
| Unarmored = Workers and spellcasters. No protection. Highly vulnerable to all attack types. |
| Magical = Spellcasters and some monsters. Effective against Heavy targets. Deals reduced damage against Light armor. |
| Melee = Close-range units. Deals normal damage against Light and Unarmored targets, but reduced damage against Heavy and Fortified armor. |
| Ranged = Long-range units. Effective against Light targets. Deals reduced damage against Heavy armor. |
The Siege damage hasn't been made yet, but I'll include after this Blog.
Also, most of the Magic-based units will present magical elements to increase their damage, with Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Light and Dark as the main ones. The idea for the elements is to add some units that receives extra damage from a specific element. For example: Álfar Treants and Dryads receive extra damage from Fire Element. Undead, Demons and (probably) Dökkálfar (considering the Trolls) receive extra damage from the Light. Fire Elemental receives extra damage from the Water. And, so go on. I shall prepare this system later on.
![]() |
| These Orcs are too lazy by leaving the Hut unfinished. Lol. |
Alright. I've been working on preparing the basics for the AI (Artificial Intelligence) - mainly focused on gathering gold, training new workers and building a structure. For testing, I selected the Orcs. I also tested on the Nekrul - with good results, but I need to do some adjustments for the Chaos.
Currently, the first level of difficulty is the "Mamão com Açúcar" - a Portuguese slang for Very Easy. The idea for it is to give the Player a proper time to learn the basics of Ardra, build an army to test all units and all abilities while the AI's tactical response is slow.
Later in the future I'll make the other levels like Easy (the AI will respond with a small army at low frequency), Normal (the AI will respond frequently with a regular army), Hard (the AI will respond with a large army) and Insane (the AI will respond aggressively with a large army).
And now, let me show you the last renders.
I made some refinements on the Construction C# script. During construction, the building's HP gradually increases as the worker builds it. It now works just like in an RTS game. The next thing to do is adding the option of cancelling it - retrieving the resources spent at 75%.
The AI is now adjusted to fully build structures (for the Orcs - the Hut).
![]() |
| And, nothing better than testing it on the Orcs. |
![]() |
| And now, their base has been vanquished. |
I made some testing before trying to engage the Orcs - by duplicating some Human units to test the animations for Attack_1, Attack_2, Attack_3 and Death. Most of them are working nice - with minor adjustments to take.
Only the Laborers has animations, while most of the Orcs units remain still.
The last screenshots to show you.
Even without animations, the Orc warriors (Brute, Javelin Thrower, Gladiator and Ogre) proved to be a formidable force in combat. The Ogre is the most tough of all (greater HP and damage).
Another interesting thing is the HP bar of the units decreasing and changing colors during combat - especially when it's shown in the selection group card. Green represents full HP, yellow when in half and red when it's near zero.
Corrections and new additions are making this mini-game pretty interesting. I know there's more to be done. What I need to do is:
* Adjusting the command actions (Stop, Move, Attack, Hold Position, Patrol, Cancel Order, Harvest, Return Resources and Repair).
* Animating the buildings in order to make the building sequence, destruction and training.
* Adjusting the Projectors - especially when you order your units to engage another unit / structure (follow, attack or gather resources).
* Adjusting the combat system - especially for the Ranged units.
* Adding new particle systems for fire, blood, spells and others (although some spells, buffs and debuffs can be made with UI / Sprites).
* Adjusting the AI.
* Adding more units and buildings to the other factions and the current ones.
* Adding the Multiplayer option for other players to join the match.
Well, that's it for today. I hope you enjoy it. I'll be back with more Blogs in this year - if nothing change in order to make me occupied like job, studies and civil service exams. I plan to share more artworks and other things I did in my time. Until the time comes, you will be surprised to see it. See you next time.
My Youtube channel:
My Blogspot:
My Facebook page:
My Instagram:
My ArtStation:
My Pixiv:
My Sketchfab:
My Twitter / X (deactivated):
My Bluesky:
Note: Don't you dare to download these images and re-share it without my permission. If you do, please, leave the original author name.
.png)


















.png)
Comments
Post a Comment