A little rest from job, M1911 and Kar98K Updates - For the mini-game inspired on CoD Zombies and L4D

Hello everyone. It's me Antony, back with another Blog. We are now on August 16 - past the half of 2021; hoping for the things to get better as the World continues in this fight for survival and to develop a (possible) cure for the COVID-19 pandemic.

I know. I have been away for quite a while without sharing new blogs here. The reasons are the same: employment and university. And to complement it, Warframe introduced the new Nightwave chapter - which will shorten my time with Blender projects again. (sigh) Let's not go into that detail.

But for now, I'm on sick leave after I went to the doctor on Thursday of last week and I was given a certificate for eight days of rest because of my sore throat and runny nose, as well as a mild migraine. Fortunately, I ran the COVID test twice as a precaution and both came back negative - which alleviates certain concerns besides having received both doses of vaccine. Yet, the doctor recommended me to stay at home and take the medicine. Probably I'll be back at work on Friday.

Enough of that, let's go to the Blog. For today, I'll bring new renders of my new firearms for a mini-game inspired on Call of Duty Zombies and Left 4 Dead. I've been working on the Colt M1911A1 and the Karabiner 98 Kurz. I also made a small adjustments on the Stielhandgranate M24 and the Browning M1919A1, but I didn't rendered them for this Blog - which will be for another time.

Let me show you what I did.

Colt M1911A1 Pistol:






Now it's looking good. I made the guard under the hammer to protect the user's hand. Other components were the safety mechanism, the magazine release button, the mainspring housing and the open section for the empty shell ejection on the slide. I guess the M1911 is ready to be rigged and receive its animation sequences before I export its model to Unity.

Karabiner 98 Kurz (non-scoped):












The German Mauser Kar98k received new updates after the last Blog I wrote. I made the pieces for the bolt housing and the safety lock, the sights, the rework on the buttstock for the belt passage and cleaning rod. I could say it's looking authentic to the real German Karabiner 98k used in WW2. For fun, the last three renders of the Kar98k show the rifle in aim mode - with the second one showing the safety lock on middle rotation and the third one rotated to the right. Based on what I learned from the Mauser safety mechanism, when the lock is rotated to the middle indicates the trigger is locked but the user can pull the bolt for reloading / extracting the ammunition; and when the lock is rotated to the right, the bolt and the trigger are locked. But when the lock is rotated to the left, the weapon is ready to fire. I guess the Springfield M1903 follows the same method since it's a copy from the German Gewehr 98 during the Hispano-American War.

I'm not sure I plan to make the Kriegsmodell version - the simplified version of the rifle during the last days of WW2, but I do have the sniper version of it.

Karabiner 98 Kurz (scoped):










Alright. What I got here is the scoped version of the Kar98k. I was working on the scope while the rifle was in development. Since most people enjoy scoped weapons, I decided to include a scope to the German rifle. The scope is based on the Zielacht (the x8 magnitude telescopic sight) with the German T-like reticle used by some German sharpshooters / snipers. I'm pretty sure there's a proper way to make the sight in Unity without going by that way (making the aim animation where you see the target by the scope instead of creating the image of the reticle).

One thing I learned from Enlisted - the Battlefield and CoD styled game developed by Gaijin (the same that developed War Thunder), is that you can switch between scope and iron sights to aim. I'm not sure how I plan to do that to the mini-game, but in any case I'll export both scoped and non-scoped Kar98k to the project. Probably in the future after the Kar98k, the next bolt-action rifles to be made are the Springfield M1903 (I don't know if it would be the A1, the A3 or the A4 version), the Mosin Nagant, the Lee Enfield No 4 Mk 2, the Arisaka Type 99, the Carcano rifle and the DeLisle Carbine.

That's it for today. I hope you enjoy it. I'll be back with more Blogs in this year - if nothing change in order to make me occupied like job, studies and civil service exams. I plan to share more artworks and other things I did in my time. Until the time comes, you will be surprised to see it. See you next time.

My second Youtube channel:
My Blogspot:
https://antonybarnoniliteraryworks.blogspot.com/
My Instagram:

Note: Don't you dare to download these images and re-share it without my permission. If you do, please, leave the original author name.

Comments