Absence, weapons updates, MG34 and M1919A1 - For the mini-game inspired on CoD Zombies and L4D

Hello everyone. It's me Antony, back with another Blog. We are now on May 19 of 2022; hoping for the things to get better as the World continues in this fight for survival and to develop a (possible) cure for the COVID-19 pandemic.

I know. I have been away for quite a while without sharing new blogs here. The reasons are the same: job, university and more civil service exams to study and perform to get another job with better pay conditions. Fortunately my brother and I concluded the new Nightwave chapter from Warframe. Still, these things always take my attention, making the progress to slow down. Let's not go into that detail.

For this Blog, I'm going to talk the small changes I made for the weapons I was working for the CoD Zombies / L4D project I was working on Unity for a while. I'm know. Has been a while I didn't made progress to the game project due to my job, studies, playing games and lots of projects. Because of that, my attention to Unity and for this Blog has been dragged away. Still, I'll show the new renders for the weapons.

Thompson M1A1:

Colt M1911A1 Pistol:

Karabiner 98 Kurz:

M1 Garand:

M3 Grease Gun:

Maschinenpistole 40:

Maschinengewehr 42:

PPSh-41:

Sturmgewehr 44:

Kaessun Agaraak:

Stielhandgranate M24:

Amazing these renders. Don't you agree?

As I said on my Blog I wrote for TonyAnima Projects (New Updates for: Tiger I, A6M 'Zero' and changes for my previous projects - May 5th, 2022), I changed the type of light from Point type to Sun type. I had interesting results with this lighting setting. For the upcoming projects, I shall use the Sun type instead of the original Point type light - precisely two Sun lights to light a good area of the object.

Speaking on the MG42, I'll show the new renders of that dreadful German machine gun.










I made some changes on the cocking handle, the top cover from where the ammo belt is placed, the pistol grip and the rear sights. Now it's looking good, just some small adjustments and new extra components, the MG42 is ready for action. Also, I made some changes on the barrel. I'm using the Solidify modifier to increase the thickness of the holes.

While I was working on the MG42, I decided to make the first components for the MG42's big sister: the Maschinengewehr 34. Different from the younger sister that consisted in stamped steel components - making it a bit cheaper; and a single trigger mechanism, the MG34 was made from machined steel components and it had a dual trigger mechanism - marked by the letters E and D. The E stands for Einzelfeuer (single shot / semiautomatic fire) and the D stands for Dauerfeuer (automatic fire).

Let me show you the renders of the MG34.








The MG34 received the body / receptor, stock, the pistol grip and barrel from the MG42, although some modifications are required to make the authentic components for the German MG34. The steel plate for the barrel was made based on a tutorial I watched on YouTube of making a gun barrel with holes. I used two Array modifiers - the first to extrude the same piece forward, and the second one with SimpleDeform and Weld modifier to create a cylinder. Then I used a Solidify modifier to the holes thickness and the Subdivision Surface to make it smooth. I'll share the tutorial for you in this Blog.

Blender Secrets - Model a Cylinder with Holes. Available on Blender Secrets YouTube channel:

On his tutorial, he used the Blender LoopTools add-on for making a circle with the selected edges and vertices for the hole. I used the original scale tool on the selected edges and vertices for making the holes for my MG34 - which works well.

For the next components, I shall make the sights, the cover, the ammo belt (or maybe I shall make the German ammo box for the MG34 and MG42), the adjustments on the pistol grip and barrel. The trigger has been remade after these renders.

In addition to the MG34, I applied the same method for the Browning M1919A1 machine gun.










The American machine gun that I brought in my first Blogs is now back after a good time. I remade the barrel with the same principle I applied to the MG34. The small changes were the materials and the lighting for the project. I plan to work on its other components like the sights, the rework for the ammo belt, the handle, the cocking bolt, the trigger and the cover. I was working on the Browning .50 caliber machine gun attached to the M3A1 Half-Track. I may bring it to a separated project - probably for a placed machine gun at some scenes from the mini-game.

I shall work on the other projects after the civil service exams. I'm not sure when I plan to resume my Unity projects, but I know it's a lot of stuff to attend. But, time dedicated to my personal stuff is the only thing that is getting scarce when it comes to job and studies. I'll see what I can do in the future.

Well, that's it for today. I hope you enjoy it. I'll be back with more Blogs in this year - if nothing change in order to make me occupied like job, studies and civil service exams. I plan to share more artworks and other things I did in my time. Until the time comes, you will be surprised to see it. See you next time.

My DeviantArt:
My second Youtube channel:
My Blogspot:
My Instagram:

Note: Don't you dare to download these images and re-share it without my permission. If you do, please, leave the original author name.

Comments